Blessed and holy Israel would be, if they followed what Moses said about a public, nation-wide reading and hearing of the Law every seven years,
And Moses commanded them, saying: “At the end of every seven years, at the appointed time in the year of release, at the Feast of Tabernacles, when all Israel comes to appear before the Lord your God in the place which He chooses, you shall read this law before all Israel in their hearing” (Deuteronomy 31.10, 11).
How magnificent that must have been when they all came together to this manner and for this purpose!
Imagine a congregation coming together every seven years just to read the New Testament publicly without comments and interpretations, but just a simple and plain reading of the New Testament.
- Deuteronomy 16.13 – Keep the Feast of Tabernacles seven days (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.13 – Observe the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.9 – Count seven weeks to the Feast of Weeks (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 28.7 – Obedience to the Lord would cause the enemy to flee seven ways (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 28.25 – For disobedience Israel would flee seven ways from their enemies (sevensinthebible.com)