The Lord had promised Israel, that if they obeyed Him, then when their enemies confronted them, this would happen,
“The Lord will cause your enemies who rise against you to be defeated before your face; they shall come out against you one way and flee before you seven ways” (Deuteronomy 28.7).
However, if Israel failed to obey Him, the Lord made this promise, showing just the opposite of the blessing would occur,
“The LORD will cause you to be defeated before your enemies; you shall go out one way against them and flee seven ways before them; and you shall become troublesome to all the kingdoms of the earth” (Deuteronomy 28.25).
Even as the defeat of their enemies would be complete when Israel obeyed the Lord, so their own defeat would be complete before their enemies when Israel disobeyed the Lord.
- Deuteronomy 28.7 – Obedience to the Lord would cause the enemy to flee seven ways (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.13 – Keep the Feast of Tabernacles seven days (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.9 – Count seven weeks to the Feast of Weeks (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.13 – Observe the Feast of Tabernacles for seven days (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 16.8 – Seven days of unleavened, topped with a sacred assembly (sevensinthebible.com)
- Deuteronomy 28. The blessings of obedience. The consequences of disobedience (bummyla.wordpress.com)
- Deuteronomy 15.12 – Seventh year release (sevensinthebible.com)