The Feast of Trumpets happened during the first day of the seventh month, and on that day, the Lord said He wanted this done,
“You shall offer a burnt offering as a sweet aroma to the LORD: one young bull, one ram, and seven lambs in their first year, without blemish” (Numbers 29.2).
They offered seven lambs on the day that they blew trumpets.
Was this the Lord’s way of showing that the perfect Lamb of God was on its way, and that it would be a day of celebration, hence the blowing of the trumpets?
- Numbers 28.27 – Seven lambs for the Feast of Weeks (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 28.11 – Seven lambs to begin new year (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 28.24 – Seven days of burnt offerings (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 28.29 – One-tenth of an ephah of fine flour and oil for the seven lambs (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 28.19, 21 – Seven lambs for the seven days of the Feast of Unleavened Bread (sevensinthebible.com)