After the seven days of the Feast of Tabernacles had been observed, the Lord then said for the eighth day, which would be the first day after the observance of this Feast, that Israel was to do this,
“You shall present a burnt offering, an offering made by fire as a sweet aroma to the LORD: one bull, one ram, seven lambs in their first year without blemish…” (Numbers 29.36).
There goes that number seven again!
The beginning of a new week, the beginning of a new countdown of seven, would begin with the offering of seven lambs, symbolizing the perfect Lamb of God, who would begin a new time for us every week, starting on the first day of the week with His resurrection.
- Numbers 29.32 – Seven bulls and fourteen lambs on the seventh day of the Feast of Tabernacles (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 29.8 – Seven lambs on the Day of Atonement (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 29.2 – Seven lambs during the Feast of Trumpets (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 29.12 – Feast of Tabernacles in the seventh month for seven days (sevensinthebible.com)
- Numbers 28.29 – One-tenth of an ephah of fine flour and oil for the seven lambs (sevensinthebible.com)